1. How do I maintain my TN Promise scholarship?
1. Enroll in and complete 12 credit hours each semester
2. Maintain a 2.0 GPA
3. Complete and submit 8 hours of community service by the established deadlines
4. Complete the FAFSA each year before Jan 17th
2. Do I have to reapply for the scholarship each year?
You will need to renew your application by clicking here and completing a reapplication by July 1 of each year.
3. How do I submit my Community Service?
4. What if I graduate high school early?
Students who graduate early are still eligible for TN Promise, but the funding begins the fall immediately following high school graduation only.
5. What is financial aid verification?
Verification is the process used to verify the information you entered on your FAFSA.
You will be notified via mail by the financial aid office at your college if you have been selected for verification. To view requirements, you must log into your student account and select the financial aid tab. Requirements are different for every student and could include any or all of the following:
· IRS Tax Return Transcript or use of Data Retrieval on the FAFSA
· Other information/documentation
It is important to note that once you have turned in one document, additional items may be needed. Therefore, you must continue to check your student account until it is complete. If you are unsure or confused about the process, it is best to call your financial aid office. If you need help, please see your Ayers counselor.
*If you are selected for verification and do not complete the requirements before August 1st , you will no longer be eligible to receive the scholarship.